Sunday, January 6, 2008

The First Post

I decided to write this because people keep saying that if I wrote a blog about music and movies and such people would read it. Well here it is. Too bad your gonna have to deal with random rants and other thoughts I have as well and not just entertainment things. 

First I just got back from a trip to the UK. Got to see Tottenham v. Fulham (5-1 Tot win), West Ham v. Manchester United (2-1 West Ham win), and Queens Park Rangers v. Leicester City (3-1 QPR win). Was originally supposed to see Celtic v. Rangers in Glasgow, Scotland but the match was postponed due to the death of a former player.

So the trip instead of going London - Dublin - Glasgow - Amsterdam instead went London - Dublin - London. 

I didn't mind too much. I love London and I would love to live there someday. The UK is much better than the United States. I am becoming quite bored with my life here in the States. It seems to be the same thing day in and day out. And the same thing on the weekends as well. I think I need to start exploring different things and start cracking down on my writing and actually get some work done on writing my book and planning my future. Cause if I don't start planning now I might be stuck in a massive hole in the next few years and get trapped in the current state of life I am in right now. 

Alright as for music: check out the new Kano CD called London Town. The key tracks on the album are London Town and This is the Girl, both tracks are clutch. Kano is a british rapper/R&B artist. He is just becoming popular in the UK and I expect him to break out in the states either this summer or late next year. Another good album out right now is the Mitchell Brothers CD called Dressed for the Occasion. The key tracks on this album are Sole Mate, Michael Jackson, and Shots Echo. These guys are a bit more popular in the UK. And have gotten some play in the States for thier first single Alone with the TV which is one of my favorite songs of all time!  Also other artists to keep an eye out for the Cool Kids, Rye Rye, DJ Doc Rok, and Leo the Lion.

For movies, I haven't gotten to see much recently I really enjoyed Eastern Promises. I thought that movie was great and had a good story line. the plot was a little weak and it ended too fast. I have in my que to watch 3:10 to Yuma, We Own the Night, and Before the Devils Knows Your Dead. Hopefully I will enjoy some of these Oscar front runners. Will let everyone know in the next few days.

Will also try and post a bit more about the UK trip and some of the good stories from that trip as well. But some need editing hahaah. 

Peace for now LG
 

No comments: